Our lives have been incalculably improved by the internet. However, we’re paying the price with unprecedented access to morally corrupting content. Porn screws with our mind, families, and intimacy.
There is no other evil like pornography. Porn usage isolates the user and makes them feel ashamed. Shame, in turn, makes them go back to porn. It can easily become an addiction, destroying self-esteem, self-image, meaningful relationships, and productivity. There is a great need to break free if one gets caught in the web of porn addiction.
This is where Covenant Eyes come into play. In this article, you will learn how Covenant Eyes assists in the fight against pornography.
Watch Our Video Review by Our Lead Coach Eric
What is Covenant Eyes?
Covenant Eyes is a porn-blocking and accountability software designed to help you stop watching pornography by blocking porn-related websites and making your activities on the internet accountable to a selected ally who serves as your accountability partner. It also has functions for families who want to monitor the activities of their kids.
Who is Covenant Eyes For?
Are you struggling from addiction to porn and wish to break the habit while being accountable to a trusted individual? Are you interested in helping someone close to you that’s suffering from addiction to porn? Would you like to monitor the activities your kids engage in while surfing the internet? Then, Covenant Eyes is for you.
How Does The Covenant Eyes App Work?
The first step is to sign up via the website. You will find a page asking you to create an account by creating a username and password.
The next page will ask you for details like your full name, email, and phone number in the respective fields. It will also ask you to select a security question and an answer just before you add details.
Covenant Eyes requires a subscription based on your preference. After that, you can move ahead to choose a billing frequency either for a month or a year. You will have to input your payment information and start your membership. Voila! You are now a member. You see how easy it is!
Once you are signed in, the next step is to select a trusted accountability partner. This can be a friend or family member who will receive regular reports of your activities on the web. You can choose multiple accountability partners. Then you can set the sensitivity level to standard blocking or strong blocking.
This sensitivity level determines the websites shown in the review section of the report. For instance, choosing the standard blocking level restricts you from accessing all sites with adult and pornographic content. Other websites that you visited may also be present in the report. Links that Covenant Eyes find questionable may also show up on your report and might warrant a discussion with your accountability partner(s). The report also contains activities on your phone if it’s linked to your Covenant Eyes account.
The software periodically captures screenshots of your screen, analyzes them with advanced artificial intelligence for explicit imagery, ranks them, and blurs them to protect your privacy before sending the report to your accountability partners. Delivery options for the reports are daily, every three days, or weekly.
Covenant Eyes also function as web filtering software. In essence, you can block and allow websites at will. The web filtering ability also restricts access to sites that might be considered porn-related.
They run a customer support service where you can call anyone on the member care team at any time of the day. They are always ready to receive your call and give you all the help you need.
The app has resources that can help different categories of people in the fight against addiction. The resources provide eBooks, videos, and guides to help individuals and families to have safe navigation on the internet.
Primary Features of Covenant Eyes
- Screen accountability: Covenant Eyes takes regular screenshots of your device’s screen and sends the screenshots in the form of a report to a selected accountability partner(s)
- Web content filtering: This software features the option of blocking websites it considers inappropriate based on a sensitivity filter
- Time control: Covenant Eyes offer an option of restricting internet use for a particular period. You can also set when internet access is allowed and how long this access lasts. This feature is particularly useful for parents who want to protect their kids from internet-related hazards.
- Multiple users: An interesting feature of this software is that multiple users can use the software on a single account while maintaining different accountability settings.
- Multiple devices: A user can access the same Covenant Eyes account on various devices while maintaining the same accountability settings. For instance, you can have the same accountability settings on your PC, smartphone, and other devices available.
- Uninstall alert: The software requires that you provide a code before uninstalling from a device. After requesting the code, accountability partners are alerted before you are allowed to proceed with the app removal. This feature is a lifesaver in times of weakness.
How To Download the Covenant Eyes App?
Downloading the app is pretty easy. It is available on Google Play, App store, and Galaxy store. It is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Follow the installation process after downloading.
How Do I Get Covenant Eyes Promotional Code?
We have a special link for you that gives you a 30-day free trial before having to pay. Awesome, right? All you have to do is enter the promo code “PornTest” into the box provided and enjoy the free trial for 30 days.
Covenant Eyes for iPhone Review
This app works well on iPhones and iPads. It prevents you from downloading or installing any other browser, so you cannot go incognito or private mode. It also features screen time blocking that prevents you from visiting pornographic sites.
The iPhone version maximizes screen monitoring, screenshot analysis, screenshot processing, and activity report.
If you use a VPN on your iPhone, you cannot simultaneously use it with covenant eyes.
Covenant Eyes for Android Review
On Android, Covenant Eyes offers screen accountability and filters that block explicit content. The android version allows for easy switching among many users. It is pretty easy for several persons, up to 12, to share a device while keeping individual reports.
It allows you to choose the apps you want to use, lock or block. You can be sure that the built-in app locking feature will keep the selected apps locked unless you want them out.
The filter option comes in two forms. There is a standard that doubles as the default, and there is a strong blocking level too.
The downside to this android version is that it is compatible only with Android 6.0 and higher versions.
Covenant Eyes Cost & Pricing
The cost and pricing of membership come with a monthly subscription or a yearly subscription. With a monthly price of $15.99, you have access to everything the app has to offer during that period. The annual subscription comes at a fee of $183.99. Both pricing plans include the filtering feature and can allow up to 10 user names.
Covenant Eyes Free Trial
The app is a paid accountability software, but it offers a 30-day trial when using an affiliate link or a discount code.
Covenant Eyes Alternatives
There are a couple of alternatives, but none has been able to do it effectively and efficiently like Covenant eyes. They include Qustidio, Accountable2You, Net Nanny, DansGuardian, Pluckeye, Norton Family, KidInspector, and BrowseControl.
Covenant Eyes vs. Net Nanny
Net nanny is control software used mainly by parents to ensure that their kids do not view adult content while using the internet. Its features include but are not limited to blocking internet content in several categories, creating a blacklist for websites, and monitoring installed apps on devices.
Covenant Eyes vs. Qustodio
Qustodio is another parental control software that allows you to monitor and control website content, applications, calls & SMS, and social media posts.
Covenant Eyes vs. Accountable2you
Accountable2you is an accountability software that sends reports of online activities to an unlimited number of accountability partners. It’s also capable of tracking GPS and showing locations of registered individuals. It is one of the few accountability software that works on Chromebooks. It, however, lacks a filtering option.
The Good and The Bad
- Fantastic track record of improvements
- It is safe and easy for individual, family, and group usage.
- It is a combination of access to good community relationships and technology.
- The activity report contains your browsing history.
- The screen accountability feature uses a screenshot technology that takes pictures at random, analyzing them while blurring them out to ensure privacy and avoid temptations for the other accountability partner.
- It has filters that shut you out and protect you from accessing inappropriate web pages and content.
- It has features that support YouTube restricted mode.
- 30 Day money-back guarantee.
- Fantastic customer service
- Covenant Eyes works better on iOS devices than Android.
- As with any great software, there are some compatibility issues. The app is not compatible with Chrome books, Kindle Fire, Nooks, or Linus devices.
- It is easy to turn it off without anyone knowing and turn it on as though nothing happened, defeating the app’s purpose.
- There is no function to limit the total screen time for younger children. For this, you might want to check out Bark.