With the rise of porn addiction around the globe, there has been a parallel rise in tech and apps trying to give people tools to deal with it. Accountable2You is there to help you end your struggles coupled with the help of your accountability partner. In this Accountable2You review we’ll see if it can help you overcome porn addiction.
Watch the Full Review by Our Coach Eric
What Is Accountable2You?
Accountable2You is an accountability and monitoring software designed to help you realign your focus. It sends an instant report of questionable activities to your accountability partner. There is a saying that “if you want to go fast; go alone, but if you want to go far, go with someone.” In other words, an accountability partner! This app allows your partner to keep you in check with real-time updates and reports on your progress. Note that this software is strictly to maintain accountability and isn’t capable of blocking sites.
Who Can Use Accountable2You?
Are you looking to filter out pornography, violent or abusive content, and curate your internet feed, or are you looking to keep an eye on what your kids see on the internet? This software is for you. Regardless of the age, you can tweak this software to attain the level of internet focus, clarity, and cleanliness you desire while being closely monitored and held accountable by a trusted ally of yours. This service applies to people who want to be monitored and people who wish to monitor their loved ones’ activity. There is always a way to tweak the app to suit your goal.
How Do I Sign Up For Accountable2you?
Visit the Accountable2you website and follow the process below.
- Click on “signup,” the website opens up to the various plans and unique offers. You can either choose “annually” or “monthly” for either the “personal” or “family” plan, depending on your preference.
- Next up is filling in the details of your “personal information,” which includes your first and last name, e-mail, entering a username, and password.
- You will now proceed to the payment section, where you will be asked to verify your plan, add a credit card and finally “create your account.”
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation mail, and you will need to verify to get started.
After signing up, the next step is to log in to the app.
- Enter your Accountable2You membership information, i.e., your username, password, and device name. You can tweak the device name to be distinct, e.g. (Moses tablet)
- Next, you have to set the app as a “Device administrator app.”
- Another option is location monitoring which allows others to monitor your location in real-time. It is optional, and you can skip it for later.
- Congratulations, your device has been successfully set up. If you don’t want all apps to be monitored, you can add some to the exclusion list.
Now that you are set, you will see a page showing you the app is monitoring activity on your device and more options to set up partners, location monitoring, settings, diagnostics, and view tutorials.
Accountable2You Free 30 Day Trial Promotion
There is an offer for a 10-day free trial for new users who sign up on the app to enjoy its benefits before paying. However, you can enjoy up to 30 days free trial period using our special link. By doing this, you are granted access to the app for this period before having to pay.
Who Can Be My Accountability Partner?
When choosing an accountability partner, the key is “trust.” You need to know that you can trust this person with your secrets. You should be free and “comfortable” with this person enough to trust them that they won’t malign you with what they might be finding out about you while they, on their part, are strong and intelligent enough to put you in check without hurting you emotionally. This person might be a member of your family or a friend of yours who will be receiving regular updates about your activity on your phone and the internet.
How Effective Is Accountable2You?
The efficiency of the service depends on your preference and how disciplined you are while setting up the app. The sensitivity and how accountable your partner is would determine how effective the app performs. You can set the app to block keywords and exclude some applications from your partner’s watch list.
Primary Features Of Accountable2You?
We can experience some of the app’s primary features in many ways, but here are a few important ones that you cannot miss.
- Logging App Times: Here, the app sends daily reports to the user’s selected accountability partner, the amount of time the user might have spent on any app on their devices.
- Tamper Proof: Provided that the app user gets tired and wants to find a way to bypass or alter the smooth operation of the service, the app sends an instant alert to the accountability partner of the action they are taking.
- Detailed Reports: The app sends a detailed report of the user’s web history, searched keywords, and anything they might have tried to do in incognito or private browsing mode. There is no place to hide.
- Custom Sensitivity: You can also customize the monitoring sensitivity level to vary on each device. The sensitivity could vary from strict to normal or less strict, and the alert rate will depend on how strict the sensitivity is.
- Custom Trigger Words: The app tracks your browsing history and allows you to add your custom trigger words to be alerted whenever you use the words. Also, you can safelist some words that would otherwise cause a false alert to prevent such alerts from being made.
- Real-time alerts: The app sends quick alerts when a user powers on their device or any suspicious activity that goes against the aim as soon as they happen. These alerts are usually in the form of text messages.
- Accurate Location: You can accurately track a user’s location and travel history to time, date, and specific locations.
- Multi-users: The app allows more than one user with their different devices on a single account. For instance, you can have your iPad, phones, tablets, and personal computer registered in an accountability setting.
- Privacy Exclusion: Additionally, the app allows you to maintain privacy by excluding sensitive apps, such as a banking app or a diary, from being monitored. The account password is needed to access the excluded apps, and your partners will be notified of any change.
How To Download The Accountable2You App
The app is readily made available for download on any platform of your choice. All you need to do is visit the download section on the website and download it to your device.
Accountable2You Review for iPhone
This app works seamlessly on Apple devices. It requires iOS 9.0 or later for you to be able to enjoy its VPN to log your activity on websites and send timely reports to your accountability partner while also allowing some select partners to monitor your GPS history. You can set the efficiency level to Normal, Less Strict, or More Strict on each device depending on your preference and the goal you have in mind to achieve.
Accountable2You Review for Android
On Android, this app offers accountability, filtering content while not being browser-dependent. Grants access to multiple users to share a plan while still maintaining individual reports for them. An added option to track and monitor the location of any user in real-time too. You can choose any of three modes to your desired level of strictness that suits your objective. The android version also has an exciting feature where you can monitor texts and calls. It requires an Android OS of 8.0 and above to run as they still receive security updates and are supported by Google.
Accountable2You Cost And Pricing.
The usage of this service comes under two packages; personal and family plan. The personal plan for all your devices is billed at $9 per month, $84 annually, while the family plan, which covers you, your spouse, and kids, costs $14 monthly; $144 annually, as there are also business or group plans. There is a ten-day free trial period attached to any package you have chosen so you can enjoy the full abilities of the app before paying.
Best Alternatives To Accountable2You
Accountable2you vs. Covenant Eyes
Covenant Eyes Is designed to help people with porn addiction reduce the rate they consume such content by utilizing the power of their relationship with people to develop integrity that stands the test of time.
There are various alternatives to accountable2you that are available on the internet. The top 5 that compete with this service include; Qustodio, Norton Family, Family shield, and Covenant Eyes. They provide the same service, but here are some advantages accountable2you has over some of them:
Accountable2you vs. Qustodio
Qustodio provides parents with the mechanism to choose and monitor what their kids see online. This enables them to keep in touch with their habits and see what they engage with on the internet.
Accountable2you vs. Norton family
Norton Family aims to help parents protect their kids from the activities of predators on the internet, thus enabling them to spot potential dangers before they become harmful, ultimately helping them understand what their kids do online.
The Good And The Bad
- Compatibility with Chromebook
- User-friendly interface
- Flexibility of report frequency
- Detailed web usage history
- Impeccable customer service
- Provides VPN technology
- Detailed monitoring of internet activity even in incognito mode.
- Alerts on attempts to tamper with the app or visit restricted contents.
- Provision to exclude some apps for usage.
- Real-time and up-to-date alerts.
- Accountable2you works better on Android than ios
- Compatibility issues with Kindle fire
- Inability to notify customers when some features have downtime
- Does not block porn sites. For that, check Covenant Eyes.
Table of Contents